I thought it would be fun to integrate a little art into our science unit, so we made realistic 3D models of our arthropods with clay (I used the air-dry crayola clay). We let them dry for about three days, then finished painting them today. A few bugs met with a mishap or two (it's a long way to the ground when you're a little bug falling off a desk), but it was nothing a little glue gun couldn't fix.
Of course, we had to let the bugs explore their natural habitat outside.
We put our bugs on display with the students' final assignments. It made such a cute spring display!
You can grab your own copy of this arthropod assignment at my TPT store. I've just listed it as a FREEBIE. Click on HERE on the picture on the right to grab your own copy.
I'm linking this post up to Manic Monday at Classroom Freebies. Make sure you drop by - I know you'll find some fabulous free ideas for your classroom!