Well, it's been a busy weekend so far - I'm happy the weather cooperated, but maybe it cooperated a little too much ... that sunshine makes me want to throw away the list! Thank goodness many of our activities allowed time to enjoy the sun. And the "to-do" list ... almost done!
1) I used up the rest of the rhubarb given to me by a co-worker ... Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie - check! My two older girls weren't huge fans (just scraped the ice cream off the top), but hey - that leaves more for the rest of us, right?
2) My hubby got the rest of the vegetable garden planted - check! Here in Northern Ontario we have to wait a little longer to dig in the garden, but the veggies are planted, and the berries and herbs are weeded and thinned out.
3) Last dance classes of the season - check! My middle girl is the cutest little ballerina you've ever seen (in my completely unbiased opinion). Dance season is winding down, and we're looking forward to her recital in two weeks.
4) First soccer practices of the season - half a check! Oldest daughter had her practice, middle daughter goes later today. I LOVE summer soccer season - yes, I'm a true soccer mom, complete with soccer van.
5) Enjoy the weather - check! Dinner on the patio last night, bike rides, and cars washed in the driveway. Family summertime fun.
6) Recycled crayon project - check! How cute are these summer-themed crayons??? I've made them before to put in loot bags for a butterfly-themed birthday party. Super easy and super cute. I melt the crayons on an old cookie sheet (sprayed with non-stick spray) at 275 degrees for about 10 minutes. I spread out the crayons so they cover the whole sheet. When the crayons are melted I take them out of the oven and let it cool a bit. When they have cooled enough that they have just started to harden, I use a metal cookie cutter to cut the shapes out. LOVE them!
7) Beautiful bouquet - check! I picked some lilacs from my backyard for a fragrant bouquet for my dining room table. The girls felt the bouquet needed a little yellow, so now it's a beautiful lilac / dandelion bouquet. Not quite the look I was going for, but still pretty.
8) Find some time to relax - ummmm ... still looking for that - maybe after the kids go to bed tonight!
10) Blog entry - check!
Now, it's off to soccer practice I go ... enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone!